Sunday, November 14, 2010

7 Weeks!


3 weeks, 7 weeks... If I were better at this blogging thing, I would have waited for 1 month and I'd wait for 2 months. But I know myself and I know if I try to wait for next week, this won't happen and I really am trying to keep our family and friends posted on what's going on in our little man's world.
I'm really amazed at how much this little one has grown!! Every day it seems like he does something new! Right now it seems like his favorite thing is to stare at the lamp in our living room. Our favorite thing is that he's started to recognize mommy and daddy and he smiles when he sees us!! We love that we can make him so happy!
We're also getting better at life as a family of 3. It takes longer to get ready to go anywhere, and lots of planning. I'm not sure how many times I've gotten out and forgotten wipes or an extra outfit. I've learned to improvise, but also to be better prepared. I do have to say I'm so thankful to be able to breastfeed so when we're out and he gets hungry I don't have to be super prepared, he just needs mama.
I'm also thankful for my amazing husband. He has done such a great job all semester at working so hard to provide for us and get all our bills paid on time and still get his homework done for his class. I'm thankful that I get to stay home with our little man and take care of our home and our family. I'm excited,now that we're starting to figure things out and Dillon is settling into longer naps and a more regular feeding schedule, to find ways to get more involved in our church and minister to other women.
While Dillon sleeps, I've baked and pureed a pumpkin to make a great dip and homemade ginger snaps to go with it! I'm starting to learn how to cook while Dillon's sleeping to have dinner ready. So I can buy fewer processed foods and make healthier and less expensive meals! I love learning more about my new role as homemaker and how I can best help my husband at home!
I'm trying to post pictures on facebook and update our blog often enough so you can all see how much our little man is growing and changing! Thanks for loving our family so much!!

No comments: